- Acquisition and disposition of real property, including purchase-and-sale agreements and title review
- Financing, including representation of lenders and borrowers and support with loan agreements and loan documentation
- Leasing, including negotiating and drafting commercial leases and long-term ground leases
- Liens and foreclosures
- Land use and zoning
- Easements and rights-of-way
- Homeowners’ association issues
With rapid expansion of activity in the Barnett Shale in recent years, oil-and-gas issues frequently arise in the real-estate context. In addition to representing landowners and real-estate developers, Hamilton & Squibb, LLP, works closely with title companies and real-estate attorneys at other firms seeking oil-and-gas expertise. The firm also assists parties to residential and commercial transactions in dealing with mineral interests. Working in concert with title companies, the firm prepares language of severance and advises parties to ensure compliance with provisions of existing oil-and-gas leases, including terms affecting the owner-operator relationship.